IBCG Netball Club
A big thank you to all the teams that participated in this year’s summer season. We hope you all enjoyed yourself and can’t wait to see you all out again next season. A few acknowledgments:
• Di and Kat, for all your hard work in the canteen.
• Pud and Bernie, for all your hard work behind the bar.
• Terry, for setting up the courts each and every week.
• Dave, for making sure the games ran on time.
• Our wonderful umpires, thank you for all the effort you put in each week to ensure our games run smoothly.
• And of Course Donna and Shari, the whole thing wouldn’t run smoothly without all your hard work!
Congratulations to all the teams that played in the Grand Final. The games were played in good spirit and were exciting to watch!
• U11: Thunder defeated Ironbank Diamonds
• U13: The Nifty Stars defeated Heathfield
• U15/17: Clovers defeated BlackOut Seniors: Flaming Mongrels defeated Ironbank
Congratulations to our B & F winners for each grade.
• U11: Penny Zuener - Belair Hurricanes
• U13: Claire Grosser - Heathfield
• U15/17: Claire Collins - All Stars Seniors: Laura Roadknight – Cockatoos
We have had trials and teams will be finalised over the first couple of weeks of training which starts Thursday 15th March. If you wish to join a team but missed out on trials, please contact email@example.com and we will determine if we have space in the grade/age group you require.
Games commence 28th April for teams in a six team draw, then 5th May for everyone. Come by the club and watch our players in action.
All junior matches are played on Saturday Mornings, with senior matches played Saturday afternoons.
• 9:00 am – 11 & under and 15 & under
• 10:45 am – 13 & under and 17 & under
• 12:15 pm – 9 & under
• 1:45 pm – Seniors (Half Season)
• 3:30 pm – Seniors (Half Season)
THURSDAY NIGHT TRAININGS
• 11 & 13’s – 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
• 15 & 17’s - 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm and
• Seniors - 6:30 pm
A couple of our regular umpires are away for most/all of the winter season so we are keen for more umpires to assist us on Saturdays. If you or anyone you know would like to umpire for the club (paid of course) please contact me via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to our new major sponsor GP Aldinga After Hours (ph 0410 190 291), who have committed to sponsoring our club for the next 5 years – THEIR SUPPORT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thanks also to Ted Turner Signs for providing our new canteen signage. They look fantastic!
WORKING BEE will be held on SUNDAY 8th APRIL 2018 – 9 am
If you can lend a hand with a few small jobs around the place please let a committee member know and we will see you bright and early on the day! (Thanks Di Morgan – Rec Ground Rep – email@example.com)
We are looking forward to another successful winter of netball.
Regards Jenny Pearce